Mesothelioma Awareness Day takes place annually in the U.S. on Sept. 26.
To raise mesothelioma awareness and honor everyone affected by this aggressive cancer, Novocure is leading an initiative called Light the World Blue. For the second consecutive year, we’ve arranged for buildings and landmarks in U.S. cities to light blue, the official color of mesothelioma awareness, on Sept. 26.
Lied Center of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas, 2020
Approximately 3,000 people are diagnosed with mesothelioma in the U.S. each year. Their diagnosis also affects their families, friends, caregivers and other loved ones. On Mesothelioma Awareness Day, we have a national opportunity to bring attention to mesothelioma and the strength of this community.
As of September 20, the following 25 sites in 20 cities across the country will light blue on Mesothelioma Awareness Day. To honor a loved one or share a photo of blue lights in your area, tag #LighttheWorldBlue on social media on Sept. 26.
Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge in Omaha, Nebraska, 2020
• Baltimore, Maryland: 100 East Pratt
• Boise, Idaho: 8th & Main
• Dallas, Texas: Comerica Bank Tower Fountains
• Denver, Colorado: McNichols Civic Center Building
• Grand Rapids, Michigan: McKay Tower
• Indianapolis, Indiana: Regions Tower
• Lawrence, Kansas: Lied Center of Kansas
• Maywood, Illinois (Chicago): John Hancock Building
• Miami, Florida: Miami Tower
• Milwaukee, Wisconsin: The Pfister Tower
Gas Light Building
Fifth Third Center, Charlotte, North Carolina, 2020
• Minneapolis, Minnesota: Capella Tower
100 & 111 Washington Square
• Newark, New Jersey: Prudential Center
• New Ulm, Minnesota: Hermann Monument
• New York, New York: Helmsley Building (230 Park Ave.)
• Omaha, Nebraska: Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge
• Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: Boathouse Row
• Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Gulf Tower
• Rochester, New York: Legacy Tower
• San Francisco, California: 140 New Montgomery
• Seattle, Washington: Two Union Square
Thank you to our advocacy partners who champion the value of connecting with, educating and supporting the mesothelioma community.
novocuretrial.com The science of Tumor Treating Fields extends beyond glioblastoma and mesothelioma. Novocure has ongoing or completed clinical trials investigating our therapy in brain metastases, gastric cancer, glioblastoma, liver cancer, non-small cell lung cancer, pancreatic cancer and ovarian cancer.