Novocure Announces Agenda for Research and Development Day on Dec. 12, 2016
Speakers will share new data from Novocure’s phase 2 pilot trials in pancreatic and ovarian cancers
ST. HELIER, Jersey–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Novocure (NASDAQ: NVCR) announced today the agenda for the company’s research and development day for analysts and investors, which will begin at 1 p.m. EST on Monday, Dec. 12, 2016, in New York City.
The event will feature four speakers from Novocure and three external medical experts who will provide analyses from completed clinical trials, including the full, 695-patient trial cohort from the EF-14 phase 3 pivotal trial in newly diagnosed glioblastoma (GBM), new data from the PANOVA phase 2 pilot trial in advanced pancreatic cancer, new data from the INNOVATE phase 2 pilot trial in recurrent ovarian cancer, and interim data from the STELLAR phase 2 pilot trial in mesothelioma. Novocure also will provide an update of recent preclinical findings related to Tumor Treating Fields (TTFields) and a review of its ongoing clinical pipeline.
- William Doyle, Novocure’s Executive Chairman
- Eilon Kirson, MD, PhD, Novocure’s Chief Science Officer and Head of Research and Development
- Uri Weinberg, MD, PhD, Novocure’s Vice President of Research and Development
- Mike Ambrogi, Novocure’s Chief Operating Officer
- Zvi Ram, MD, Director of Neurosurgery at the Tel-Aviv Sourasky Medical Center in Tel-Aviv
- Vinai Gondi, MD, Director of Research at Northwestern Medicine Chicago Proton Center in Chicago
- Daniel D. Von Hoff, MD, FACP, Physician in Chief, Distinguished Professor Translational Research Division at TGen (Translational Genomics Research Institute) in Phoenix
- 1 to 1:05 p.m.: Opening remarks, Mr. Doyle
- 1:05 to 1:25 p.m.: Introduction to TTFields and preclinical overview, Dr. Kirson
- 1:25 to 1:50 p.m.: TTFields and GBM, and the full, 695-patient dataset from Novocure’s EF-14 trial in newly diagnosed GBM, Dr. Ram
- 1:50 to 2:05 p.m.: TTFields and brain metastases, Dr. Gondi
- 2:05 to 2:15 p.m.: TTFields and non-small cell lung cancer, Dr. Kirson
- 2:30 to 2:55 p.m.: TTFields and pancreatic cancer, results from Novocure’s second cohort of the PANOVA phase 2 pilot trial in advanced pancreatic cancer, Dr. Von Hoff
- 2:55 to 3:10 p.m.: TTFields and ovarian cancer, results from Novocure’s INNOVATE phase 2 pilot trial in recurrent ovarian cancer, Dr. Kirson
- 3:10 to 3:25 p.m.: TTFields and mesothelioma, interim results from Novocure’s STELLAR phase 2 pilot trial in mesothelioma, Dr. Weinberg
- 3:25 to 3:40 p.m.: What’s next for TTFields, Dr. Kirson
- 3:40 to 3:55 p.m.: Novocure engineering, Mr. Ambrogi
- 3:55 p.m.: Closing comments, Mr. Doyle
A live webcast will be accessible during the event on Novocure.com and will not be archived on Novocure’s website following the event. The PowerPoint presentation will be available on Novocure.com for at least 14 days following the event. To attend the event, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Novocure is a commercial-stage oncology company developing a novel, proprietary therapy called Tumor Treating Fields, or TTFields, for the treatment of solid tumor cancers. Novocure’s commercialized product, Optune, is approved for the treatment of adult patients with glioblastoma. Novocure has ongoing or completed phase 2 pilot trials investigating TTFields in non-small cell lung cancer, pancreatic cancer, ovarian cancer and mesothelioma.
Headquartered in Jersey, Novocure has U.S. operations in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, Malvern, Pennsylvania, and New York City. Additionally, the company has offices in Germany, Switzerland and Japan, and a research center in Haifa, Israel. For additional information about the company, please visit www.novocure.com or follow us at www.twitter.com/novocure.
In addition to historical facts or statements of current condition, this press release may contain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements provide Novocure’s current expectations or forecasts of future events. These may include statements regarding anticipated scientific progress on its research programs, development of potential products, interpretation of clinical results, prospects for regulatory approval, manufacturing development and capabilities, market prospects for its products, and other statements regarding matters that are not historical facts. You may identify some of these forward-looking statements by the use of words in the statements such as “anticipate,” “estimate,” “expect,” “project,” “intend,” “plan,” “believe” or other words and terms of similar meaning. Novocure’s performance and financial results could differ materially from those reflected in these forward-looking statements due to general financial, economic, regulatory and political conditions as well as more specific risks and uncertainties facing Novocure such as those set forth in its Annual Report on Form 10-K filed on March 1, 2016, with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Given these risks and uncertainties, any or all of these forward-looking statements may prove to be incorrect. Therefore, you should not rely on any such factors or forward-looking statements. Furthermore, Novocure does not intend to update publicly any forward-looking statement, except as required by law. Any forward-looking statements herein speak only as of the date hereof. The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 permits this discussion.
Media and Investor Contact
Ashley Cordova, 212-767-7558